The Sixth International Conference of the
Chinese and American Forum on Legal Information and Law Libraries (CAFLL)
Washington, DC, July 9-11, 2019
This sixth international conference is sponsored by the Chinese and American Forum on Legal Information and Law Libraries (CAFLL), a non-profit U.S. organization, the American Association of Law Libraries (AALL), and the International Association of Law Libraries (IALL) in conjunction with a similar organization in China represented by 法律信息研究网 www.chinalawlib.org.cn, Zhejiang University Guanghua Law School, and other prominent law schools in China. The host for this conference is American University, Washington College of Law, Washington, DC.
The Conference will be an opportunity for law librarians and legal information professionals to share experiences and exchange views about legal information access and development and law library management in both the United States and China. The them of the conference is “Evolving Technology and Evolving Strengths in Academic Law Libraries”. Topics will include the promises and challenges of technology in libraries, judicial big data and the future of law libraries, current trends and future directions of legal technology curriculum, AI in legal research classrooms and more.
For more information on the conference programs and previous CAFLL conferences, please visit: https://cafllnet.org/.
Conference Dates: July 9-11, 2019
Meeting Registration Rate:
Early-bird Registration – deadline May 1, 2019
$300 (member) $400 (non-member)
Regular Registration – deadline May 15, 2019
$350 (member) $450 (non-member)
Note: non-members can choose to pay the membership dues ($75) at registration time to enjoy registration fee at member rate. CAFLL membership information is available at: https://cafllnet.org/membership/.
Registration fee includes meeting materials, dinner on July 9, lunch and dinner on July 10 and July 11.
Email: ________________________________ Phone number: __________________________
Vegetarian meals preferred ______________________
Other dietary needs, please specify ________________________________________________
- CAFLL Member Early-Bird ($300)
- CAFLL Member Regular ($400)
- Non-member Early-Bird ($350) Before May 1, 2019
- Non-member Regular ($450) Before May 15, 2019
- Check this box to become a CAFLL member. Please enclose $75 for one year membership due.
*** WIRE TRANSFER INSTRUCTION
- Please pay by check (make checks payable to: CAFLL), or wire transfer.
- Complete one form for each registration
- Deadline: Return form and payment by May 1, 2019 and May 15, 2019
to: CAFLL, P.O. Box 1231, Olney, Maryland, 20832 or via email to email@example.com
- Federal Tax ID: 27-1986333
You will receive an email confirmation notice upon receipt of your check payment. The email will serve as your receipt for purposes of your expense reimbursement. If your organization requires a more detailed receipt, please contact CAFLL at the above address.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
If you register and find out you cannot attend, you will receive full refund less a $30.00 processing fee if you notify CAFLL by June 01, 2019. No refund will be issued after June 01, 2019.
Your registration constitutes permission to utilize photos/videos taken of you at the event for news, promotion, and similar purposes.
- Marriott Marquis Washington DC: attendees who are also attending AALL Annual Meeting can book for July 9-11 at AALL rates ($229 + tax) through ONPEAK.
- American University Summer Housing (booking link coming soon)
- Courtyard Marriott in Chevy Chase
- WCL discounted rates available (booking link coming soon)